Kindergarten readiness skills are a very important component of our program.
We provide activities throughout the day that prepare children for successful learning upon entering school.
Areas of educational programming include:
• We provide an environment that teaches preschoolers values and becoming a competent and confident individual.
• A violence prevention curriculum “Second Step” is utilized. This curriculum helps preschoolers learn about feelings and emotions, and how to express those feelings and emotions appropriately.
• Through daily motor activities (large motor/fine motor) preschoolers learn to gain personal responsibility for their own physical needs.
• Preschoolers are more willing to try new and challenging tasks as they master each new skill.
• Children’s minds develop through their daily experiences.
• Imagination and creativity are critical to preschoolers development. This is evident through dramatic play, art, sensory, science, music, math and literacy activities.
• Literacy and language activities occur within all areas of the classroom.
• Listening skills, spoken words, written words, and group stories provide opportunities for children to develop a richer vocabulary and become better readers.
• Sign language and Spanish are utilized throughout the children’s daily program activities