Our daily schedule is very busy, as toddlers are very busy!
We provide many opportunities throughout the day to Toddlers, due to a limited attention span. Toddlers are learning and testing what they can control and where their limits are. Toddlers learn through trial and error.
Areas of educational programming include:
• We provide many opportunities for children to foster independence, as toddlers want to practice new skills and do things themselves.
• Toddlers are learning to respond appropriately to their feelings, expressing their emotions and recognizing and responding to the emotions of others.
• Daily motor activities (large motor/fine motor) include practicing skills such as running, jumping, climbing, pedaling, scribbling, painting, puzzles, playdough and stringing beads.
• Experiencing these skills daily allows toddlers to refine and master them.
• With consistent, predictable routines, toddlers learn to recognize there is an order to daily events.
• We provide opportunities to enhance cognitive skill development through daily exploration, social experiences (pretend play) and early literacy.
• Receptive language (understanding the words that are said) develops at a much higher rate than expressive language (the words they say).
• We provide many opportunities to assist children in increasing their expressive language skills.
• We utilize sign language and Spanish daily.