Our History

Where it all began

Playhouse Child Care Center, Inc. was established in 1991 with the goal of providing quality educational care to children. As our mission statement states, “We make each day count in children’s lives by providing quality care and learning opportunities to prepare each child for school readiness.

Owners Diane Mendel and Melody Peterson have been active in Playhouse Child Care’s success since cofounding the company. They strive to attain and maintain high-quality educational childcare services in the communities each child care facility serves.

Growing in Central Minnesota

The first location of Playhouse Child Care Center was in Sauk Rapids, MN. Within the next 5 years, four additional childcare centers were developed. These sites include:

  • Monticello, MN in May 1992
  • St. Cloud Technical College St. Cloud, MN in August 1993
  • Sartell, MN in August 1995
  • South St. Cloud, MN in February 2014

Sartell

209 2nd St. S.

Sartell, MN 56377

320-253-8480

St. Cloud SCTCC

1701 9th Ave. N.

St. Cloud, MN 56303

320-534-0174

Monticello

109 Sandberg Rd

Monticello, MN 55362

763-295-6668

South St. Cloud

2901 Clearwater Road

St. Cloud, MN 56301

320-258-3060