School Age Learning and Care
Monticello Location Only
Throughout the school year, we offer before and after school programs as well as full-day programming for school breaks.
Our classroom is set up to offer a variety of activities including creative art, science, literacy and math development, computer exploration, dramatic play, and physical activity. Staff assists the children in developing lifelong problem solving and social interaction skills.
Ongoing opportunities for learning are a very important component of our program. We provide before and after school activities that support their education. Our summer program includes a full day of development activities in the areas of social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language.
Areas of educational programming include:
We provide opportunities for all children to go out into the community to explore. Through these adventures, we teach the children to be responsible and respectful individuals and inspire them to grow into confident young adults.
Through daily active play, the children learn to gain personal responsibility for a positive attitude and develop good sportsmanship. They have ample opportunities to explore various areas within the classroom, outdoors, and throughout the community.
Children’s minds develop through their daily experiences. Imagination and creativity are critical to their development. This is evident through dramatic play, art, sensory, science, math, music, and literacy opportunities. We strive to expand the children’s interest and knowledge in various areas.
Literacy and language activities occur within all areas of the classroom. Listening skills, spoken words, written words, and group stories provide opportunities for children to develop a richer vocabulary, become better readers and listeners, and increase listening comprehension skills. We provide quiet reading time daily and support ongoing experiences to utilize sign language and Spanish on a regular basis.
- Meals are served “family style” to allow students independence by gathering their own dishes, serving themselves, and helping with clean up
- Staff participates in meal service with the children, facilitating appropriate manners, assisting with serving/clean up, and engaging in conversation with the students
- All children need time to rest their bodies after a busy morning
- Students choose to read silently or write in a journal
- This time is dedicated each day to promote positive self-esteem
- We go outside daily weather permitting when the real feel temperature is above 0 degrees and the heat index is below 95 degrees
- By providing outdoor activities, we expand their overall development
- Large motor equipment is provided such as climbing structures, riding toys, and sports accessories
- Organized sports opportunities help the youth focus on encouraging and supporting each other
- Toys, games, and electronic devices are not allowed unless it is on specially designated days
- Appropriate clothing for weather conditions is required. This includes snow pants, boots, mittens, a hat, a coat, etc. Children are not allowed to wear scarves for safety reasons
- We ask that parents provide the school with Playhouse Child Care Center’s phone number in the event that they need to contact the center regarding your child
- Parents are responsible for notifying the school and/or bus company regarding pick up and drop off location. Children are not our responsibility once they get picked up by the school bus. We are not responsible to provide transportation in the event that your child misses the bus ride back to the center. Children become our responsibility once they arrive back at the center
- If your child is scheduled to return to Playhouse by school bus and your child is ill or will not be arriving by the school bus on any given day, please notify Playhouse so we are aware they will not be arriving at the center
209 2nd St. S.
Sartell, MN 56377
St. Cloud SCTCC
1701 9th Ave. N.
St. Cloud, MN 56303
109 Sandberg Rd
Monticello, MN 55362
South St. Cloud
2901 Clearwater Road
St. Cloud, MN 56301